Parent/School Contract

The following is the contract between Epic and the parents. It is copied directly from the ILP form that you fill out with me during our first meeting. Please make sure you are familiar with this contract since you and I will be held to the standards it sets. It’s the best way to make sure we are able to provide the best learning experience for your student!

The school will build a strong parent-teacher alliance and parents will be actively urged to be involved. Several opportunities will be provided throughout the year for parents to participate in improving the school. The parent(s)/guardian(s) of YOUR CHILD should read and agree to abide by the following:

WHEREAS, the parent(s)/guardian(s) has made a personal decision to enroll my child(ren) at the Epic Blended Charter School in order to provide my child with a unique educational opportunity;

WHEREAS, my desire and decision to enroll my child at the Epic Blended Charter School is based upon my desire to become an active partner in the education of my child; and

WHEREAS, I recognize that the Epic Blended Charter School is a public charter school of choice not entitlement;

NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the foregoing;

1. As a parent of a student at Epic Blended Charter School, my commitment is to abide by the following rules and regulations adopted by the Board of Directors:

A. To recognize and embrace my role as having primary responsibility for the education of my child.

B. To attend all meeting and conferences scheduled with any member of the Epic Blended Charter School staff.

C. To participate in the Parent Volunteer Program, including volunteering 20 hours for one child and 30 hours for two or more children, at a capacity that is sensitive to the needs of the School during the school year.

2. In order to enhance my child’s academic growth, I agree to do the following:

A. To read and use information provided by the school to keep parents informed and engaged in the educational process.

B. To attend all meetings, testing sessions, and conferences scheduled with any member of the Epic Blended Charter School staff.

C. To limit television and video games during the week and allow more time for working on their coursework, reading, studying and family time.

D. To check my child’s homework daily.

E. To encourage my child to reach his or her academic level with deep commitment and enthusiasm for learning.